Yay! My rebranding / makeover project is finally complete! This was a personal project I've been thinking about for a long long time. I finally got the chance to tackle it this year and I'm really happy with the results. Heres where the process started:
I redesigned my entire printed portfolio with this idea in mind: little spot illustrations of kids reading on every 2 pages of the portfolio, which all of the spots will then compile into a frame for my title page. One of the spots will be used on my business card. The fabric cover with the tied ribbon DIY look was suggested by a good friend Shawna Chan. Thanks girl!
This project took much longer than I've ever expected, about 2 months from the very beginning. I didn't realize that even for such a simple design and theme, it can take so much to make it just right. I must of gone through the whole thing 4 to 5 times nudging and changing font settings, and as you can see from previous blog posts, it took me forever to just decide on the title font. I am so glad I did not go into graphic design! A BIG thank you to my wonderful critique group, Arthur, Sara, Yuki for giving my your honest opinions and helpful suggestions!
After all the design work is completed, came my most dreaded process: printing and color matching. Thank you Dax for teaching me, the prints came out great! Then I cut and crafted the whole thing in one night in order to make it for a mixer at Chronicles.
Heres a few snaps of the business cards and portfolio:
Lastly, it was redesigning my website to match. My dear huzzband put together all my newly designed files and created my new website in just a few days! My hero!
Here is a screenshot of the new website:
Please come visit and check out the rest of the site:
Hope you all like the new look and thanks for dropping by!