What am I up to now? (Instagram)

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Here is to my mother! And all the mothers in the world! 
Thank you for all your sacrifices, your nurturing ways and your unconditional love.


Originally I wanted to do this mother's day card like usual, with watercolor, but during the drawing process, I got carried away with the details and I ended up with this:


I really loved the drawing at that time and the thought of having to transfer all that to watercolor paper just felt so tedious. So after a good while of contemplating, I decided this was the perfect opportunity to practice painting in photoshop.  
I've been using photoshop for quite awhile now, though I have always preferred to digitally paint with Corel Painter. Thanks to some photoshop friends that showed me their ways, and after downloading and testing tons of brushes AND organizing them, I was finally ready to take on this opportunity!

I liked it, and when I printed this out on watercolor paper, I have people think it was done in traditional mediums! Also I'm feeling a bit more comfortable painting with photoshop, though I do suspect I will go back and forth between the 2 programs. All and all, a nice little success!

No comments: