What am I up to now? (Instagram)

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fishing with Gummies!




There goes another semester, I've learned a lot. Unfortunately, this is the only piece I want to put in my portfolio. hope you all like it!
(Most of my class assignments are not suitable for my portfolio, though I have developed a liking in painting children portraits. Thats maybe something to consider as a side job down the road.)

Anyways, I did this completely in acrylic, instead of watercolor. I wanted to see if I can do it. the colors can be more vibrant, but I wan't able use the lift of technique after the paint dries. The result is not very different in my opinion. but maybe one day, i can paint looser and faster in watercolor and fix things in acrylic?
I'm not sure yet, we'll see.......

10 comments:

Steven Wayne Howard said...

another great illustration, Isabella!

Emerson Tung said...

i really thought this was watercolor!! amazing work isabella, was this for kazu's?

isabella said...

well kinda......i had the same concept in illl 1 but that was pen n ink and my composition skills were pretty poor.......then steven kloepfer suggested to me to redo the concept in a medium and style consistent with my profolio. and i handed in for kazu's acrylic final....so technically..

Ricky Cometa said...

beautiful! i've been a fan of your watercolors for awhile, it's nice to see your acrylic works!

ernesto said...

Hey this is your long lost drop out friend from honors portfolio. This looks good, awesome concept. The colors look a little more vibrant on this piece. Did Kazu not site you the lift off technique with alcohol?

isabella said...

@ricky- thanks! i glad we got to meet in person! i really dig the comic u did in 24 comics, i told dan cooney that day when i saw it on the walls! great sketches btw

@ ernesto- yes kazu did teach us that, but i'm painting this on watercolor paper, and if I use acohol it damages the paper.

Angeline said...

I love this painting Isabella! The concept is so adorable <3

theo said...

this looks pretty awesome. Great little story going on as well

Erin said...

This is my faaaavorite.

Unknown said...

WoW! love this one. . it really is adorable.^,^

Aion Accounts